closed.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by XeroOrXfy, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XeroOrXfy

XeroOrXfy Member

I’d like to take this time to actually bring awareness to this forums that depression is actually a thing going on in the server. I’m not saying who, or what, but there needs to be serious changes with the toxicity levels and more, so people don’t have to feel a certain way. I myself am changing myself so I can be susceptible to these ideas.
    •Deragatory terms should be mutable, or even better, censored.
    •toxicity should be checked over from time to time with chat moderators
    •people can report more on these situations and not feel scared to talk. Me and Aricharmm especially are very open to talk about these things.
    Take the time to think about what you’re saying and how you might feel if it were on the opposing side.
    Don’t take these as a joke. Serious things are happening.
    Feel free to reply if questions or help.

entqu, Ice, PuureCringe and 2 others like this.
  2. aerei

aerei Well-Known Member

(for any new ones, i'm the aricharmm mentioned in this post)

i support this post strongly as evidenced by the post i made a while back about toxicity. staff can fix the problem by enforcing punishments and all, but people in the community need to take a step forward and help themselves and other people.

sorry to say, there is more to this community than peanut butter and anticheat bans, there are actual people with actual problems and if you even have the audacity to intend to insult people with your words, you should definitely think about yourself.

i have problems, you have problems, we all have problems, and if you ever want to get over it, you have to pick yourself up and try to get better.

simple things can lead to bigger problems or bigger solutions. three letters, "kys," can bring someone to the edge faster than you think.

pushing everyone away will make things worse. it's better to find help than find problems.

feel free to talk to your friends, your family, xfy, and even me. even if i don't know you, i'm 100% free to talk whenever you need to.

if things are rough at home, don't be afraid to call for the authorities or any help that you feel you need.

national suicide prevention lifeline: 1-800-273-8255

do not be afraid.

XeroOrXfy likes this.
  3. avistah

avistah Well-Known Member

im h*cking sorry for fr**king cussing guys.
    all jokes aside, I agree. Even I need to work on this

XeroOrXfy likes this.
  4. XeroOrXfy

XeroOrXfy Member

Avistah. That is a good start. Thank you for understanding.

avistah likes this.
  5. XeroOrXfy

XeroOrXfy Member

@aerei couldn’t have said it better. Thank you

entqu and aerei like this.
  6. aiht

aiht Well-Known Member

I have been depressed for a long time and still am but words like "kys" dont rlly affect me since its just a word
    But there are people who actually care abt that and might actually do it if u tell them to.
    So please don't say that. Or any other words like "cut ur wrists" that just goes way too far. It makes me mad that people actually say shit like that over losing in a blockgame.

I have been toxic in the past but im not like this anymore at all. Well If u consider sayin swearwords like "fuck" or "shit" toxic yeah I still am l o l.

#6 aiht, Feb 6, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    aerei, Faithes and XeroOrXfy like this.
  7. PuureCringe

PuureCringe Well-Known Member

I feel that once you become, “well known” on the server, people may start being more rude. Or at least that’s what happen to me.

8. NotAKoalaBear

NotAKoalaBear Well-Known Member

Ok I know where you're coming from.

I was depressed for ages to be honest, then I met my girl, got my dog and honestly something flipped in my brain, Depression isn't a disease that can be treated by pills, it's all in your brain, the best thing you can do is to be near someone you love or be doing something you love.

Saying "kys" to me wouldn't make me suicidal once again tbh, it's pathetic if you take things like that to heart and use the excuse "Depression"

But I agree with what you said, but depression is not a disease.

Groala, Joyoy0 and PuureCringe like this.
  9. XeroOrXfy

XeroOrXfy Member

Excuse me,@NotAKoalaBear. That’s not what I said. It doesn’t matter who and how many people have it, it’s a thing. Regardless, this will help out

10. XeroOrXfy

XeroOrXfy Member

And don’t ridicule the people that actually do have this, it really isn’t easy.

11. XeroOrXfy

XeroOrXfy Member

Also, just to clarify I’m not one of the people like this. I’m just trying to help them by suggesting ideas

Joyoy0 and _Woofie like this.
  12. AirDog46

AirDog46 Active Member

I think they should add a profanity filter and a way to report ingame, like to make a text file in the plugin and staff can read them with a command (altough I think this will be scrapped because it is really hard to do and they don't have access to the server file). Also, we really need more staff, because when there were 30 ppl online max it was easier to manage than now when there are 100+ players online.

Off topic: I played some ranked on hypixel and I found one MVP+ that legit said "F**k your mom, kid" after he died to a non-donor.

aerei likes this.
  13. NotAKoalaBear

NotAKoalaBear Well-Known Member

Are you depressed? if not don't say that. I know what it's like, it's not a thing, it's in your head.

Anyone who has been depressed in the past will agree with me on this.

Groala likes this.
  14. Matthew

Matthew Well-Known Member

However much you care is how it will matter in the end. Although everyone faces different obstacles everyone also has a way to overcome those obstacles by doing different things, such as ignoring, or talking to people that care about you. Everyone here has at least two people that care about you. Me and I know Aerei does too. And your parents, and your grandparents, and you friends, and your uncles and your cousins.

aerei likes this.
  15. basicality

basicality Well-Known Member

I agree with the points made in this post. Many of my friends have gone through depression, and it shouldn't be taken lightly. Everyon should be treated with respect, and having chat mods definitely would help.

Ice, abby, aiht and 1 other person like this.
  16. Joyoy0

Joyoy0 Active Member

A lot more people have it than some would think.

aiht likes this.
  17. Bornleader

Bornleader Member

I don't get depressed but i mean i get so mad when they spam "LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL".

18. Ice

Ice Well-Known Member

Agreed.

19. Comical

Comical Active Member

20. XeroOrXfy

XeroOrXfy Member

@NotAKoalaBear you're missing the point. Depression may not be with everyone, and everyones mind is different. Something that you may shrug over may actually push them closer and closer to the edge until it's too late to sorry, or care.

Comical and Ice like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.