Community Discussion. What do you want?

Discussion in 'News' started by Zelkam, Aug 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiningWesley2K

MiningWesley2K Well-Known Member

Please for SkyBlock, nope for KitPvP.

2. AirDog46

AirDog46 Well-Known Member

1. Make warp creates automatic (fairly easy if the devs have enough imagination)
    2. Make buycraft automatic (think this may be impossible)
    3. Add KTK, OITC, KOTH, LMS Back
    4. Make some veteran perks, so people that played for a long time are a bit more recognized. Ranks don't have any meaning now because their value was severely damaged by the sale.
    5. Add Helper rank back.
    6. Make the map more vibrant and more appealing.
    7. Update the rank description on the store.
    8. Make tags obtainable by crate keys.

MiningWesley2K, Sachiz and Comical like this.
  3. Comical

Comical Well-Known Member

k2 back
    or faiaz as mod again yah yeet Xd!!!!!!!!!!

FazeUgly, frontslash and Aveney_ like this.
  4. skeppys

skeppys New Member

make a roleplay area BWAHAHH and also get rid of generated chests bc its hard to make adcanved cobblestone generators

5. Sachiz

Sachiz Active Member

BringBackFactions or refund ranks / transfer ranks

MiningWesley2K likes this.
  6. MiningWesley2K

Roleplay server... didn't that fail here? Also, those chests are supposed to prevent AFK-mining (which is against the rules) and you simply need to be more creative in your cobblestone generators to make them work.

Mistix and mellloww like this.
  7. MCBYT

MCBYT Well-Known Member

I agree with most (but not those events, they were ungly) and I don’t think Helper is needed (but i’m not sure, it just seems like a permanent trial-mod)

#27 MCBYT, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    MiningWesley2K and Sachiz like this.
  8. MiningWesley2K

Maybe they can make Helper a sort-of training rank. Use it to make good people, however inexperienced, good future mods.

Mistix, MCBYT and PuureCringe like this.
  9. PuureCringe

PuureCringe Well-Known Member

Well I first would like to state thank you for letting players have an input in this and we appreciate it.

Now time for what I think should come,

Global:

Add a friend system. (I would be so hyped if this came out)

Make something that when a player logs into the server for the first time, it will teleport them around and show them how to play.

New Gamemodes:

A game mode that I’m sure a lot of people would enjoy is Prison and OP Prison.

Towny PLEASE

Maze Runner (Kinda like what munchy has)

You should also have reputable players test the new gamemodes before release.

Different Staff Ranks:

I would love to see the addition of the helper rank back so players who don’t have the best staffing experience can apply for staff and eventually apply for t–mod in the future.

Also, as Wesley said, I would like to see a way for people to apply for fourm mod

In addition, there should be a way to apply for builder

KitPvP:

Some old events being added back in. Possibly Kill The King (KTK) and Anvil Drop.

I would honestly love to see the map from January with the house. It was really nice with the desert and everything. I truly did enjoy it.

Well that’s all I have for now. I will continue to edit this if I think of anything.

Oh also, simply quote the ideas I stated if you like them, or like the whole post if you agree with everything here.

#29 PuureCringe, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    mellloww, Sachiz and MiningWesley2K like this.
  10. LukeLovesCandy

LukeLovesCandy Moderator
    Staff Member Mod

I have a few suggestions so I will put them all in one post.

• Improve the servers format/look
    This suggestion is pretty broad so I will try to explain it to the best of my ability. In a short version, make the servers chat, sidebar, and automatic messages look more professional.

For the sidebar I would recommend splitting the sidebar into catagories such as, player name, player rank, player information (kills, deaths, ping, ect.), server information (what server your are on, amount of players online, ect.) all in that order. It would look something like this ingame.
    >>InvadedLands (KitPvP)>>
    LukeLovesCandy (this color should change depending on what rank you have)
    >>Player Information<<
    Kills: 255 (this should be white)
    Deaths: 16 (this should be white)
    Ping: 24 (this color could change depending on the ping)
    >>Server Information<<
    Server: KitPvP (this should be white)
    Players: (35/100) (this should be white)

This is just a rough idea of what I think the sidebar could be changed to. Note, I used orange for the main color as that is the servers color (judging from the forums and logo). However, I would advise for these colors to be changed to make the sidebar look as good as possible.

Now for the servers chat. What I mean by this is any chat that a player makes by typing in the chat (including ./msg). I suggest getting rid of the colors players can use in chat, as a lot of the colors look quite ugly in chat. Also players have started to troll the chat by making a long message, then at the end putting something like
    (from Player123) insert toxic message. Most of the time you can tell when it is happening, but it still is pretty annoying. I also think you should change the look of /msg. By that I mean something like this.
    PM>> (from) Player223: hi <3
    ^ ^
    l This will change color depending on the players rank
    This should be white

Again this is just a rough idea and its not prefect, but something like this would really improve the feel of the server.

Now finally for the automatic messages. I think the anticheat message looks great so I would suggest keeping it how it is. However, messages like players buying a rank/keys could be changed. I will again make a example.
    SHOP>> Player12456 has bought VIP rank

Also the event message could be changed to something like this.
    EVENT>> LukeLovesCandy is now hosting a Water Drop Event. Do ./e join the join the event!
    ^ ^
    l This color would change depending on the event
    This color would change depending on the players rank

These are just a few examples on what could be changed.

• Add a new gamemode
    Now of course everyone wants a new gamemode. Something new to try out. However, you guys need to make the right gamemode so that people actually want to play it. I would suggest a unique gamemode that nobody has ever made before. If not that perhaps a gamemode that does not have a lot of competition (by that I mean a gamemode that a lot of servers don`t have). I doubt anyone is asking for this but I would love to see Survival Games, or even UHC Games (UHC Survival Games, if you don`t know what it is look up on youtube TheParkMC). But above all else, make sure the gamemode is heavily tested before launch, has a fun and engaging pvp scene (as the server is heavily focused on pvp), and that the gamemode is not some generic thing that hundreds of servers already have.

• Misc. KitPvP additions
    So in the original post, it was said that KitPvP suggestions were being looked for so, I am going to list a few things that could improve KitPvP. Add a pearl cooldown, add a regular golden apple cooldown, make event keys better, make a bidding addition to that ah, and make warp creates/fast typers usable by players without manager assistment (I know this was suggested already but it is very important so I just wanted to restate it). Also perhaps add some more unique things to KitPvP. I don`t have any specific suggestions but by unique things I am talking about the events and supply drops. Those are unique additions that really improve the KitPvP gamemode, and adding more unique things will entice players to play for longer.

WasabiKid, MCBYT and MiningWesley2K like this.
  11. MCBYT

MCBYT Well-Known Member

Sounds awesome. I think we should hold off on Prison until we bring factions back, though.

PuureCringe likes this.
  12. Mareka

Mareka Member

faster bans, better ping, less fucking around and be more of an actual and not logging on and being laggy as shit and not pvping, im seeing less of skeppy so theres less chat spam so thats good, maybe an eu kit pvp server so these eu garbages can stop being so "good" with their ping, and maybe a faster ban appeal reading or an automatic one

Comical and D0XY like this.
  13. WasabiKid

WasabiKid Moderator
    Staff Member Mod

Bans are fast enough. Just spectated a newbie and as soon as s/he enabled KA it banned them instantly.

Ping is based on where you live. If you live closer to host you’ll get better ping.

Only Admins or above can handle appeal, and only managers (or above) has access to AGC logs. To handle appeal you need to look at the log to see if the player was cheating or not.

Please don’t make a rant post.

14. D0XY

D0XY Well-Known Member

"Automactic ban appeal reading system"

what has minecraft come to
    my event lol

actually no

Here comes Prot5 and Sharp6

ew

too bad my ign "D0XY" gets censored since it's related to doxing lmao

u cant just recode an anticheat to make it not false ban

15. D0XY

D0XY Well-Known Member

Remove: Hacking Land, like before the merge
    Recode: Will end up still false banning people

16. AbdulSamad

AbdulSamad Active Member

no it wont rarely will nad will detect cheats better

17. frontslash

frontslash Active Member

Please make a West Coast Proxy in San Francisco. I'm tired of getting 70+ ping on every decent server.

Comical likes this.
  18. 8S1

8S1 Well-Known Member

Oh crap should I be ready for the server to turn into hcf

19. D0XY

D0XY Well-Known Member

Then why don't you try making a perfect anticheat and send it to the devs?

20. MiningWesley2K

The closest thing to a perfect server-side anti-cheat would be GCheat, but now the devs for it make Badlion Client. The only real way to get a perfect anti-cheat is to have a client-side anti-cheat supported and required to join. And that will kick out most of the playerbase so that makes that a no-no.

Mistix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.