Community Discussion. What do you want?

Discussion in 'News' started by Zelkam, Aug 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joyoy0

Joyoy0 Well-Known Member

PREACH PREACH

8S1 likes this.
  2. AirDog46

AirDog46 Well-Known Member

He once accidentally tought a kid was hacking because he was lagging, and the other time a staff member told him to ban him. And that player would've gotten banned anyway, also MCBYT would have been a great staff member. And the joking around part is kind of unexplained. Small abuse that wouldn't really hurt the server too much is accepted, but there's a line and they shouldn't cross it. They're not allowed to mute, kick, ban, /kill, /smite, /tphere, /tp players without a good reason. And MCBYT made his application professional, and even if he lied, he'd be caught at the interview and gotten denied.

3. MiningWesley2K

MiningWesley2K Well-Known Member

Which ones again? All the bad MMC staff got demoted.
    He DID have experience, quite a bit actually. From what I know, he was demoted because of 2 false bans (one of which was actually really stupid) and he claims that one of those false bans was from TehNeon telling him to ban someone (who was in fact ban evading, but the reason of the ban was actually "D0X Client" so it made the ban false somehow, also no this isn't the stupid false ban I was talking about). The only abuse I have heard of from the staff team is MCBYT banning advertisers for like 99999999 days, which is admittedly pretty unprofessional of MCBYT, although it wasn't really malicious. From the application, he looked like a great candidate, and when the trial-mod phase came, he failed (which is how the system is supposed to work, the T-Mod phase is what is supposed to clear out the lackluster staff members that had great promise but ultimately fail).
    Dang it beat me to the punch, guess you gottem.

#103 MiningWesley2K, Aug 18, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    Mistix likes this.
  4. Energization

Energization New Member

I understand that but he muted me for saying a cuss word not to someone just to express a part of a sentence. He also got me banned for 7 days without warning me for pearling into a place your not supposed to. Like really? Your going to ban me for something that is you fault you didn’t fix?

5. Energization

Energization New Member

Thank you.

6. MiningWesley2K

Not really abuse, more like incompetence. And according to the Toxicity thread, it is under staff discretion to choose whether what you say is toxic or not, so it's MCBYT's job to choose whether or not what you said was toxic and mutable.
    In the eyes of any staff member, it would have looked like you purposefully glitched out of the map, which is a bannable offense. Most likely you did purposefully glitch out of the map, it's your fault for doing something that would obviously be against the rules. What you should have done is report it in the Bugs part of the forums so they can get it fixed. (although in the situation that it was SOMEHOW accidental, you had the option to appeal, and again, it would of been an honest mistake).

Mistix likes this.
  7. David Pridgen

David Pridgen New Member

Bring Back k2

zDrax_ likes this.
  8. r00lette

r00lette Well-Known Member

ouch. not sure i'd like to be called "lackluster"
    Something I've wanted to see is more and better communication from the staff team to the community, and this is even more apparent with how quiet the staff team has been about both S0V and Mega's resignations.

9. Zelkam

Zelkam Manager
    Staff Member Manager

How so? We do try to give you a general heads up about updates. Is there any form of communication about things you'd like to see?
    As for staff resignations that isn't up to us to tell players. If a staff member resigns or is demoted we leave it up to them to let players know. letting the community know is largely their responsibility as they do have a right to privacy, so it's not something we like to broadcast.

LukeLovesCandy likes this.
  10. _Dragonslayer

_Dragonslayer Well-Known Member

ZELKAM PLEASE HELP IM BEING IMPERSONATED BY @_DragonSlayerr PLS HELP CHECK IPS ITS NOT AN ALT

11. MiningWesley2K

Oh come on it was the nicest word I could think of.
    *cough my suggestion cough*
    Let us see how many ban appeals you handle, and show who is handling them (although you do not need to actually show the contents of the ban appeals, that stuff should stay private). Show us some numbers on the work you do, because right now it's pretty vague.

Mistix likes this.
  12. Rinchen Latin

Rinchen Latin New Member

I think we should try to implement more of a community, we should have like a 25v25 or 50v50 battle that can help us communicate more together, and specifically in kitpvp I feel that we need to uprise not more warps, but more of people of ranks sharing and trying to be role models.

13. zDrax_

zDrax_ Well-Known Member

not getting unblacklisted retarded

14. r00lette

r00lette Well-Known Member

For resignations, I guess I don't have too much of a problem with the staff team not saying anything. However, it would be nice if there was a quick announcement like "Staff member <X> has decided to resign. We thank him/her for his/her <y> years of service" to clarify without breaching anyone's privacy.

For demotions, on the other hand, there are benefits to letting the playerbase know why the demotion happened. Demoted staff members may skew the truth to gain public sympathy, which is difficult to dispel once it's gained. I assume this is the case with Ethuc's demotion, else why would the staff team delete the thread that Ethuc made to "let the community know"?

It's not so much about the lack of communication as it is the quality of communication, ex: everything I know about most staff demotions comes from player speculation or obscure posts on profiles by staff member as opposed to an official InvadedLands statement.

But there are other examples, such as the handling of the anticheat. For context, the anticheat has been a chronic problem for years. About six months ago, there was a wave of players asking for improvements. The staff responses were generally passive aggressive along with a promise to work on the anticheat.
    [​IMG]
    https://i.imgur.com/edRtdhE.png

That was in response to an admittedly stupid post, but this was also the response to polite posts asking for the staff team to make the anticheat better.

There was even a post where the poster wasn't even asking for improvements, just asking for information on the progress:

[​IMG]
    https://i.imgur.com/ml03AjB.png
    It was a totally reasonable request: to have information on one of the biggest issues the players had. The thread was locked (presumably by a staff member) with no response from the staff team.

There's one thing I'd like to direct your attention to:
    [​IMG]
    https://i.imgur.com/B3r4RxV.png
    "You don't see the improvements to the anticheat because you aren't privy to such information"

When the anticheat has been a problem for years, it is time that players are made privy to information regarding its progress. Things like progress reports, weekly announcements regarding what's been improved and what's still left to actually give the impression that it's being worked on. Otherwise, the players have no way of knowing.

The anticheat problem isn't as relevant now as it was a couple of months ago, but I believe the staff-community communication was lacking. Regular updates and evidence that things are improving could've helped smoothen out many of the dissatisfied players.

There are a couple of other examples but this post is getting lengthy and I realize that time isn't something you have a lot of, especially with the recent resignations. Please consider what I have posted going forward. If there is a problem that many players have for a long period of time, perhaps an announcement and updates should be made regarding it.

edit: also the images are broken again

#114 r00lette, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    Mistix likes this.
  15. Pyrotechboys

Pyrotechboys Active Member

unmerge.
    simple as that

GoogleChromes and zDrax_ like this.
  16. GoogleChromes

GoogleChromes Member

Yep

17. Mistix

Mistix Well-Known Member

This is something I believe could make KitPvP more enjoyable.
    There are people with the ability to host specific events, this command was granted from a key, the issue with it is you can host an event once a day.
    So my idea is, to make it so the people with the ability to host an event TWICE a day (of curse the same event).
    If you do not like this idea I have an alternative you might like, make a GUI each time a player do /e host the GUI will pop up, it will show the player what events he is able to host and the cooldown. Now here comes in the interesting part, EVERY rank will have an ability host an event, but, Default rank can host only 1 specific event a day, for example, Default could host only Red Rover, VIP could host only WaterDrop, MVP could host only Sumo Pro could host only TnT Tag, Lord could host 2 of all the event, god could host 3 or half of the events and OverLord could host all of them, of curse the cooldown can increase, but there will be more events.
    EVENTS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO THE KITPVP COMMUNITY

Pyrotechboys likes this.
  18. Pyrotechboys

Pyrotechboys Active Member

I agree id enjoy that way more because there are like 3 sumo events a day on a good day and it gets boring

Mistix likes this.
  19. Mega

Mega Manager
    Staff Member Manager

What will unmerging do exactly? What are you hoping for? How will that in any way, improve the quality of the server?

Mistix likes this.
  20. Mistix

Mistix Well-Known Member

I agree with Mega, I feel like the merge did good for the server, I liked it alot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.