Explaining the New Mod Application Seasons.

Discussion in 'News' started by Zelkam, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Zelkam

Zelkam Manager
    Staff Member Manager

Essentially mod applications will be staying the exact same. You still apply the same way, need to meet the same requirements, have a verbal interview, and a 2 week trial stage.

The main thing that is changing is we're adding in seasons for staff applications. Basically what a season is, is the mod applications will be opened and you can all apply for mod. Intermittently throughout the season some staff applications will be denied, however no staff application will be accepted until the end of each season. And at the end of each season every single staff application will be read and either accepted or denied.

One of the things that is changing is before if you were denied you had to wait 2 weeks to reapply, now you simply must wast until the next season starts.

FaQ

Why?: The main reason we want to do this is because it ensures that every single staff application will be read and responded to in a reasonable amount of time. Meaning that no staff application will left sitting there for months on end.

How long is each season: Each season will last approximately 1 month. (this time is not set in stone, it could change)

What happens after a season ends?:
    After the season ends I will read over each staff application and deny each one that is deemed not ready for staff. Then who is left (if anyone) is yet to be accepted or denied, everyone Admin and up will decide if said application should be accepted or denied.

How long in between each season?: There is no specific timeline we wish to follow It all depends on how many staff were accepted the previous season, the servers playerbase, and the need for new staff. Overall all of those factors determine the length between seasons. It could be 1-2 weeks or it could be 1-2 months.

Are you going to only hire a certain amount of people each season?: No, we will accept any and all applicants that we deem are worthy to be staff. It could be several, or it could be 0, it all depends on who applies.

Mod applications will be reopened on Friday and there will be a 1 weeks advanced notice before the season will end.

Gnji, PuureCringe, Papl and 1 other person like this.
  2. Mistix

Mistix Well-Known Member

Will you announce whenever the season ends? And will there be a break between each season?

MCBYT likes this.
  3. MCBYT

MCBYT Well-Known Member

Love this, seems much better than the old system (poor Epic had to wait a year, at least he's accepted now :D).
    It could be 1-2 weeks or it could be 1-2 months.

Gnji likes this.
  4. Mistix

Mistix Well-Known Member

Yeah. but will he announce it? Because most likely people won't remember it...

Gnji likes this.
  5. MCBYT

MCBYT Well-Known Member

I was quoting that for the break between each season :p

6. Zelkam

Zelkam Manager
    Staff Member Manager

bruh why u comment when u didn't even fully read what I wrote in the thread.

7. Mistix

Mistix Well-Known Member

I have I just didn't fully understand it

8. Mistix

Mistix Well-Known Member

I've checked the whole thread again and no, you never said you'll announce when each season ends "common sense" no it's not common sense, I've seen these types of issues in the past

9. _Woofie

_Woofie Active Member

dumbo

SniperCoco, Xelvy and aqih like this.
  10. NoLifeCow

NoLifeCow Well-Known Member

That's pretty neat! Though you mentioned about this already, is there an ACTUAL amount of mods you are trying to target to hit on the server? Will the mod applications be closed in the long run due to the overwhelming number of staff present? I want a little more detail about this part. Btw Zelkam I love your vids!

11. EpiczxPower

EpiczxPower Moderator
    Staff Member Mod

Sounds great!

12. aqih

aqih Well-Known Member

unless youre blind theres big bolded words answering questions about when seasons end.
    he never even said that he would announce when a season ends, so why ask the question in the first place? you clearly knew you fucked up and youre trying to cover it up by saying he didnt answer your direct question, but in realty he told you to read the whole thread, hinting that instead of announcing when each season ends its going to be every month. god i hate you people
    shitposters arent allowed in the 300L gang

#12 aqih, Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    _Woofie likes this.
  13. MCBYT

MCBYT Well-Known Member

What he's asking is that, as Zelkam says approximately one month, will there be an announcement. Otherwise, people may have their own ideas of "month" (28, 30, 31 days) and reapply in the same season, getting automatically denied and possibly punished.

14. aqih

aqih Well-Known Member

my brain cant process what youre saying

15. MCBYT

MCBYT Well-Known Member

Nevermind, I think I see what you're saying. Mistix is getting confused, but rightfully so, it can be confusing.

16. Wolfy268

Wolfy268 Member

This was always a issue thank you for introducing this.

MCBYT likes this.
  17. Mine600

Mine600 Active Member

Um lol, why are you so cool xd

18. voider112

voider112 Member

good theres like 2 mods online at a time so ye

19. Coincidently

Coincidently Member

I'm from the UK, and there are staff on all the time but im still going to apply, its worth it.

20. OofingMango

OofingMango Active Member