InvadedLands going forward.

Discussion in 'News' started by Zelkam, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Zelkam

Zelkam Manager
    Staff Member Manager

Sorry about the quality. Vegas would crash if I tried to render it at any higher quality.

Please note: Not everything stated in this video is not set in stone. Some things may change and we may decide to do things differently! This video is a general guideline of how we are likely to do things, however we could easily change our minds about a number of things in this video!

Time stamps (clickbable in video description):

0:00 Introduction
    0:34 Give us your feedback!
    1:16 Let us know what you think about the map
    2:04 SoupPvP
    3:41 KItPvP
    4:42 Skyblock
    5:42 Advertisement and voting
    6:28 Factions
    8:44 What I Personally think would be cool for invadedlands
    11:34 Player question about factions and ftop prize
    11:58 Will blacklists ever reset?
    12:58 Will we ever add a practice server
    14:41 Are you going to merge with any other servers?
    16:56 will you ever do any more HUGE sales?
    17:17 Will there ever be a forums reset/revamp?
    17:39 Info about Mod applications
    18:39 Will there ever be a clan wars/Tourney gamemode?
    20:06 How I personally see InvadedLands in the next 6 months

Gnji, Mine600, SniperCoco and 7 others like this.
  2. Haces

Haces Active Member

nice noob

Coopermontrose likes this.
  3. NoLifeCow

NoLifeCow Well-Known Member

Glad you made this video. I think you should make it global, so even your other fans, who're not on forums, can also watch it! +1 +1 +1

4. zDrax_

zDrax_ Well-Known Member

bring back k2 and soup

Zoxay, Comical, StupidPingers and 2 others like this.
  5. Joyoy0

Joyoy0 Well-Known Member

Thanks for making an update video.

6. EKORamm

EKORamm Well-Known Member

200 players average in 6 months? dont think so 100-150

MCBYT likes this.
  7. WasabiKid

WasabiKid Moderator
    Staff Member Mod

Thanks Zelk

spee fee
    spai fee

MCBYT likes this.
  8. LukeLovesCandy

LukeLovesCandy Moderator
    Staff Member Mod

I have some suggestions/ideas so ill just list them as I watch the video.
    (Note: Do not take anything I say as an insult, I love this server and I am trying to give my best suggestions to see it succeed past the point is already is at/has been at)

#1: Why focus on skyblock so much?
    I have been a player on this server for a long time, and throughout this time I have seen a heavy focus on skyblock. I don`t understand why you guys focus on a dying gamemode that a bunch of servers are already doing. I have talked to a lot of players who played skyblock, and they all told me they were only doing it for the cash prize after each week/month. In my opinion your gamemode`s popularity should not be solely driven by a cash prize. Whenever I played skyblock, more or less it felt the same as any generic skyblock. If you guys really do want to focus on skyblock, I would suggest doing something brand new that nobody else has done. And I don`t mean add some minor detail that is new, I mean add something totally game changing that will attract players because of it. If you guys cant add something like that, then the player base will either be fed by money, or fed by people who want the chance to see Skeppy on launch day.

#2: Do not re-add factions.
    After what happened last factions map, I don`t think the best move is to re-add it. After people bought ranks and keys to try and win the faction top prize ($1000) the server received no updates or anything. Again I understand that there was not much you guys could do but, the whole thing probably shook everyones faith in factions on this server. And even if all of this did not happen, it faces the same critics I gave skyblock. From what I have heard, most people only played factions for the ftop prize, it was very generic (I will say last map did add a lot more unique things but nothing totally game changing), and the playerbase was just fed off of ftop prize and the launch hype.

#3: Do not add a Survival Server.
    Survival servers have the least potential for creativity in terms of updates/content for the gamemode. There are already hundreds of survival servers that you guys will have to compete with, and I just don`t think it is worth the time. Since this goes for creative servers as well I will just list that here, all of the above goes the same for creative servers. There are ways to make creative servers unique and cool, but there are already so many creative servers that have been established so it will be hard to compete.

#4: Do something that is not being done/has not been done before.
    I understand it is hard to come up with a brand new gamemode that is sure to gain players, but that is how all big servers get big. In the video, you say you would like to be like mccentral. If thats the way you want the server to go that`s great, however you cannot just add tens of gamemodes and expect everything to be great. With the playerbase that Invaded has at the moment, there is no way that the amount of gamemodes mcc has would be able to thrive on this server. If you want to add all these gamemodes you need to make an established gamemode of invadedlands to attract players to play your server. I know I have suggested this many times, but I think this server would really thrive from having a good Survival Games server. Now when I saw Survival Games I don`t mean some generic Survival Games (Such as mmc`s) I mean something game breaking, such as the NexusMC. If you do not know what the NexusMC was, it was a survival games/minigames server that I used to play that was really popular at its time. The Nexus did exactly what I am suggesting now. They made an established gamemode (Survival Games) and they made that gamemode so good and unique to others of its kind, that it gained a large playerbase. After that they added equally competent gamemodes to help spread their net to gain more players. Now I am a little biased by suggesting Survival Games, as it is my favorite gamemode, however I have talked to quite a lot of people about this, and they all agree a well done Survival Games would be great. If you want my idea of a well done Survival Games, look to MCSG or The Nexus. Just search either of those two servers up on youtube, watch a few episodes of survival games from youtubers and you will see what I mean.

A big reason that survival games would be great for this server, is the youtubers you could get to play on here. Back in the prime of survival games many youtubers had their own sg server and would solely record on there. However, now there is not many sg servers, and there are not many youtubers who are playing sg. From what I have seen in the comments section of many old sg youtubers, around 50% of their comments are "please play sg again". If Invaded could pull a great survival games server off, perhaps many of these youtubers would be willing the record and advertise on this server.

I have a lot more suggestions by my fingers need a break so Zelkam if you read these and you like what I have to say lemme know and ill give more suggestions.

Comical and Sora like this.
  9. Disapproved

Disapproved Active Member

How I see InvadedLands in the next 6 months?

Dead

10. wclfie

wclfie Well-Known Member

thank you for making this,

although i'm blacklisted, the time that i did play invadedlands changed my life.
    even if i can't log online the server, i would still like to be updated on the server to see what has changed since i've been gone.

Huso and MCBYT like this.
  11. SlickJungle

SlickJungle Active Member

k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2k2

Woofyy, StupidPingers and zDrax_ like this.
  12. Rendal

Rendal New Member

Cosmetic ideas:
    Projectile trail

Able to have a symbol next to your userername

Overlord being able to change their name color

Different fly particles

Kill effect, small insiginifacn kill effects (Ex: different color particles appear upon kill)

Miscelanious:
    Being able to prestige, rewards that come with it

Add perks that are very expensive to buy/upgrade (Ex. TANK - Resistance for two seconds upon kill)

Acievments

More things to achieve that would give kit more playback potentiol

@Zelkam

13. PainfulStrafes_

I feel that hypixel pit was succesful, it had brand new things, it had levels, and kits, but it also had killstreaks, auto-bounties for killstreaks, and it rewards you with perks for being such high level and pvping a lot, maybe add some rewards for levels, killstreaks and that?

wclfie and aiht like this.
  14. Coopermontrose

Coopermontrose Well-Known Member

I have an idea, let’s copy hypixel!

zDrax_ and wclfie like this.
  15. MiningWesley2K

MiningWesley2K Well-Known Member

Yay a hypixel clone that will never get hypixel level player counts as hypixel has 85% of all java multiplayer players and will have more resemblance to Mineplex anyways yay

Coopermontrose and wclfie like this.
  16. MCBYT

MCBYT Well-Known Member

no, no, yes, no, no, no, no, no
    overlords changing their name color is fine, not the rest xd

wclfie likes this.
  17. MCBYT

MCBYT Well-Known Member

I agree with everything you've said.
    Except the survival server, y'know, maybe a survival anarchy would be dope :lenny:

18. Aveney_

Aveney_ Active Member

Unblacklist me

zDrax_ and wclfie like this.
  19. MiningWesley2K

MiningWesley2K Well-Known Member

Wait did you get your new account blacklisted? (also Zelkam said that as long as he is there, mass un-blacklists will never happen).

20. Coopermontrose

Coopermontrose Well-Known Member

@Zelkam I did apply for an unban but it got deleted by some staff member. And the ban was a false, I got banned in the hub about 4 times in under a minute. TehNeon said he try to help me but never did. I’ve been waiting for about 6 months for an unblacklist. (I got banned on the first day when the merge happened)

Aveney_ likes this.