qotw #2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by aerei, Nov 27, 2017.

Tags:
?

keep doing qotw?

1. yes this is interesting

10 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no pls stop ur clogging the forums

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. aerei

aerei Well-Known Member

[ qotw #2 ]

i'm bringing back question of the week a third time now!

[ rules: ]

1) if you want to post, i ask that you please post something related to the topic. this is just preference, you don't have to do it.
    2) you don't have to give your life story if you're uncomfortable. i do qotw to get to know people more, so whatever you want to give out is what i, and others, will learn about you.
    3) be polite to everyone else! don't bash on other people for their responses :"^)

[ why are you doing this ]

i started this unofficial mini series to get to know people more, but now i realized this is good practice for my writing and for anyone else who likes writing to take some time to just think about semi-personal things and verbally reflect on them. i think it's good to think about these things in life sometimes to get to know other people and yourself a bit better. of course, writing isn't for everyone, so people don't have to respond. but writing something that means something to me and posting it makes me feel a bit better about myself.

---

[ question of the week ]
    how has your strength(s) helped you in life so far?

[ my answer ]
    i think i have a few "strengths" that have definitely helped me in life, even in simple ways. my main strength would be art, and to be specific, drawing, writing, making/playing music, and dancing.
    i have been drawing all my life, practically since i came out of the womb because i still have vague memories of scribbling on notepads with multiple coloured pens and thinking it's actually art. drawing, specifically digital art, helped me find confidence in myself and have a place where i can vent my feelings, especially since i don't have many friends to really trust with my feelings nowadays. in this age, drawing definitely helps me to earn money to put less stress on my mom when i need to buy something and it's a money saver because i don't have to go out and buy cards or make gifts for events like christmas or birthdays.
    writing also helps me find confidence in myself, mainly because many of my english teachers say i'm an amazing writer (that's very hard to believe, i think they just like that i can write a lot with small topics) and because it's the easiest way to get my emotions out as quickly as possible, especially in the "heat of the moment."
    ever since i started playing the piano when i was very young, it's been a bragging right for my parents to call me a "musician," especially since i "pick up instruments and techniques very quickly" and "it's not difficult for me to learn music." (things my parents have said.) singing has gotten me on tv multiple times, and has gotten me into the "elite" choir programs where i live. playing guitar/bass inspires me to make music of my own and i definitely think music is an alternative choice to a career in the future, especially since i've gotten a few requests to join record deals or get myself "discovered" or whatever. as for piano and other instruments, i'm not too into it but it's definitely something that can entertain house guests when they are present!
    i can explain dancing and performing arts forever, but this has helped me with my body confidence ever since i started just last year! as a girl, i struggle with body confidence very often, but dancing/colourguard has helped me so much with that. it's pretty emotional, but it's very true. plus, getting into this activity, my team won first place out of everyone in our class at championships last year, and that boosting my confidence up so much that i still had the vivid memories of getting our name called and holding onto our medals on the floor. it's one of my greatest accomplishments.
    overall, all of these "strengths" have helped me emotionally, especially since i deal with depression and a ton of anxiety in everyday life. without these things, i think i would be even more depressed and even more dead inside. so, even though these strengths don't really specifically help me in one area of my life, they are all gathered up exponentially to help me everyday for years at a time.
    (sorry for the long post!!!!!!!!!!! hope to see some of your responses!)

2. sunnybelfer123

sunnybelfer123 Well-Known Member

This was made a long time ago just wanted it to come to the now

aerei likes this.
  3. Kahh

Kahh Active Member

I am not gonna read all that because it is 4AM but I like this idea, even if it was made a long time ago, as said above :p

aerei likes this.
  4. JustAlex

JustAlex Well-Known Member

Ayy another colorguard folk, I know how it feels, I'm with ya sister.
    o_O

aerei likes this.
  5. aerei

aerei Well-Known Member

i'm glad you guys liked it! ^_^ maybe i'll continue it again one day

6. Matthew

Matthew Well-Known Member

My strengths have not helped me this week. The only good things are the ones that brought me down the least. I try to do things but they didn't work out even the slightest this week. I hope I improve on these things next week.

aerei likes this.