~Question of the week~

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JustAlex, May 11, 2018.

1. JustAlex

JustAlex Well-Known Member

Idea from : @aerei
    Question of the week : "What's the most expensive thing you've broken before? How?"

Honestly this question reminds me of my toddler days as I was I guess what you could call a walking disaster. I'd always knock things down and break things.
    Now answering the question, the most expensive thing I've probably ever broken was either my parents iPad or my sisters kindle, or me accidentally destroying my laptop. First off the destroying iPad thing was a complete accident; so one day me and my sister were in our playroom and we decided to play the floor is lava (objective of game is to use random objects in the room to make it across to the other side of the room). We both started on the couch and my sister went first grabbing a pillow and throwing it on the ground and jumping on that, on my turn I took my parents iPad and threw it on the carpet and I jumped on it making a big cracking sound of glass cracking, me and my sister stop the game and I look down at the iPad. It was completely ruined, the screen was all cracked and I couldn't turn it on, I tried to charge it but no luck.
    Okay, second expensive item I broke was my sisters kindle, so one day I wanted to read a book but there were no good books in my library so I asked my sister if I could use her kindle, she agreed. So I grabbed her kindle and walked downstairs into the kitchen. I soon tripped over a stray box and the kindle fell out of my hand making it land glass first onto the wood floor. My sister comes rushing downstairs as I quickly grab the kindle and look at the screen, it's cracked so much, like little shards. My sister was so mad at me. (AHAHAHHA). Next is my laptop, I accidentally broke my laptop by spilling multiple things on it, I spilled pudding on it, OJ, water, and melted marshmallows on it. It finally broke down after the marshmallows, don't ask me how it survived that long, it was a miracle.

Okay well feel free to answer the question of the week, "what's the most expensive thing you've broken before? How?"

PuureCringe and aerei like this.
  2. JustAlex

I will try to post a new "Question of the week" posts every week from now on, not promising though.

#2 JustAlex, May 11, 2018
    Last edited: May 11, 2018
  3. bone_kids

bone_kids Member

my dignity

4. JustAlex

HAHHA. It only took 30 minutes typing the whole post ;)

5. WasabiKid

WasabiKid Moderator
    Staff Member Mod

My room's door

I broke it because I ran into it.
    Don't ask me how.

D0XY likes this.
  6. pvpah

pvpah New Member

Uhh, might be my leg cause we paid too much for the surgery.
    BUT you know
    Probably my bed I jumped into it and the broke instantly okay.

7. aerei

aerei Well-Known Member

i'm glad to be some kind of inspiration for this!

as for my answer, i've broken a lot of pieces of technology, i won't lie... i've broken my iphone 4 twice, my iphone 5, my iphone 7, my ipad mini 2, my computer, my psp, and my cat ears headset.

i broke my phones and my ipad just by dropping them (i'm pretty clumsy), my computer broke because it couldn't handle windows 10 and i'm currently on windows 7 again, my psp's battery exploded, and i'm not entire sure how my headset broke. it doesn't work with an aux cord anymore, but the wireless function still works.

i've gotten some of these fixed already with my own money, and out of that list, i'm only using my iphone 7 and my computer so far. i use my headset sometimes too.

my mom likes to say everything i touch breaks... i guess she isn't so wrong!

JustAlex likes this.
  8. Papi_2

Papi_2 Well-Known Member

Ive broken my cat's heart

By petting a dog infront of her

PuureCringe, aerei and JustAlex like this.
  9. JustAlex

I wen't into a bookshop before and I accidentally knocked a book down and the lady kicked me out calling me a walking disaster LOL

aerei likes this.
  10. avistah

avistah Well-Known Member

the fucking hell
    the only phone ive gotten is a nokia that had been plunged in water

aerei likes this.
  11. D9N

D9N Well-Known Member

Like 11 years ago I destroyed a car with a rock. I trew it through the windows and made big dents.

I had mental problems or something idk

pvpah likes this.
  12. Papl

Papl Active Member

Probably my brain after watching "It's everyday bro".

13. sunnybelfer123

sunnybelfer123 Well-Known Member

Wut

14. Nekoli

Nekoli Active Member

Hmm well, I can't say anything about devices as I always make sure to take very good care of them, I have had my phone for 3-4 years and haven't had anywhere messed up (although I do have a case on it but no screen protector :p). The only thing I've broken, that would be appropriate to say, would be my head when I went down this huge hill with no breaks on my bike, I was around 14/15 at the time. Which lead to me being taken to the hospital and getting staples in my head.

15. PuureCringe

PuureCringe Well-Known Member

The most expensive thing I broke/ruined was Donald Trump's hair. I saw him and rubbed his hair like a doggy but then he slapped me and said I was fired ;(

Nekoli likes this.
  16. Bruntoo

Bruntoo Active Member

When I was 12 I put my foot through a wall because I had a laptop that overheated, ran 12fps and froze.

Moral of the story.. never skip leg day

JustAlex likes this.
  17. IceClone

IceClone Active Member

What's the most expensive thing you broke?

My phone, My Ipad, And my sister's bed.

How?
    My phone fell from my hand
    I threw my Ipad
    I jumped on my sister's bed

--------------------
    But i got more stuff that i broke but i dont want to mention them its embarassing :D

JustAlex likes this.
  18. D0XY

D0XY Well-Known Member

fat

19. D9N

D9N Well-Known Member

LOL WAS aBOUTTA COMMENT THAT

20. Matthew

Matthew Well-Known Member

Well I had to buy 200 books because my friend dared me to run through a shelf at Barns and Noble (american book store) and I took down the entire shelf

But like 1 item then definitely when I was taking a bath and I dropped my phone inside. My mom still thinks it got rained off

JustAlex likes this.