The anticheat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Retrochewy, Apr 16, 2018 at 6:28 PM.

1. Retrochewy

Retrochewy Member

This thread is for all of you arguing about the anticheat and complaining that the admins are responding with short answers. Admins and other staff members, feel free to copy and paste this into any thread complaining about the anticheat.

Ok, Invadedlands is a fairly small server, averaging about 140 players online at once and topping at around 300 players spread out across 5 servers. Compared to big servers, this server is like an iron fighting off the diamond spawncampers. With this few players (not saying it's not that much because it actually is a lot), there are a lot fewer donations than one of the major servers. Anticheats can cost a lot of money, and all the free anticheats are garbage, since hackers can get the code and order a custom client to bypass the anticheat. And not all anticheats are perfect. Take hypixel's watchdog, even that can't stop the most stubborn hackers and even false bans sometimes. Going back to the hackers ordering clients, they can get custom built clients exclusively for themselves, and unlike public free anticheats, Skeppy can't access their code, making it hard to keep up. And surely all the minecraft hackers in the world would have more money than a youtuber who dislikes certain peanut butter brands. Skeppy isn't perfect, neither is the anticheat, but there is 1 thing that would make the server more enjoyable for all the players. MORE STAFF! I rarely ever see any staff on any of the 5 servers except for kitpvp1, right now there are many legitimate people that should get staff as many of the current staff just log in for an hour or two and build, maybe host an event. I'm talking about accepting people into the staff team like @NotAKoalaBear @Matthew @Hamodi @JustAlex @Skeplord . Staff are always better than anticheat. So stop with the anticheat complaints, it gets annoying. Sure, I dislike the current anticheat and feel like it needs to be imporved, but we have to work with what we've got here.

Top 6 servers according to minecraftservers: https://imgur.com/jjXbO8L

2. r00lette

r00lette Active Member

Taken from my thread about anticheat:

There have been a lot of complaints recently about the anticheat and the staff response every time has been the same: we're working on it.

However, these same complaints have been around for several months and yet the response is still the same. It gives the impression that nothing's being or has been done. And for that reason, the complaints still keep rolling in.

I suggest that InvadedLands starts an updates subforum of some sort to let players know what progress is being made and what's being done overall to remedy the situation. Because the anticheat is a source of a lot of salt in the community from both players and staff and it's an issue we'd all love to see progress being made towards.

Bottom line is that if the community isn't given information, there's no reason to believe that things are happening. I don't doubt that some people will still complain regardless, but at least you now have something to point them towards rather than just a "we're working on it" response.

Matthew likes this.
  3. Matthew

Matthew Well-Known Member

Cool ;D

4. D0XY

D0XY Well-Known Member

NCP is the best free AntiCheat. They can detect almost all hacks lol
    They don't do that lmfao
    That's true

Invaded AntiCheat (i think it is Sloth AntiCheat because Skeppy does /sloth on stream) is a paid one. I doubt they paid for it though because there are many cracked / recoded / blackspigot versions of it.

Also, the AntiCheat isn't complete sh*t. They just don't use AutoBan for most of the hacks. (Excluding fly hacks. They AutoBan people for flying.) For some reason, they toggled it off. I tested it on my own server and it worked pretty well. Trust me, if there is a Bhopper or Fly hacker, they are sending off a lot of alerts.

#4 D0XY, Apr 16, 2018 at 7:56 PM
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 9:02 PM
  5. Matthew

Well any anti cheat detects, invaded detects things fine, it just doesn't ban them, unless it is full proof

6. Skeplord

Skeplord Active Member

Thank you for the tag! :D

7. WasabiKid

WasabiKid Moderator
    Staff Member Mod T-Mod

Are you guys talking about cheat detection or cheat prevention

8. Hamodi

Hamodi Helper
    Staff Member Helper

Sloth AC doesnt cost. Search it up in spigot.

EDIT: It does sorry. There were so many leaks and I thought it was actually free. My bad.

#8 Hamodi, Apr 17, 2018 at 3:34 AM
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018 at 12:58 PM
  9. Retrochewy

Retrochewy Member

Tbh I’ve never seen you online you just have a pretty detailed application

10. IceClone

IceClone Active Member

To be honest the anticheat is good but only problem it have that it doesnt ban the hackers directly if you see when staff on they are always seeing hackers and tping to them because the anticheat is telling them whether the player is hacking or not.

11. Matthew

He plays kitpvp 1

12. Fr0styPvP_

Fr0styPvP_ Member

I have an opinion on this, I get the point you're making, but I also disagree a bit. The point you've made is 'look at these bigger servers which don't have perfectly good anticheat, therefore people shouldn't complain about invaded's anticheat.' Now this isn't how the world works, you don't look at something better and think well they don't have it perfect so we shouldn't have to try. Servers try and push to make the experience on their server as good as they can make it. So the anticheat could definately be improved, maybe not to auto ban but for example it could implement bhop/speed protection which a lot of servers have. I agree about the staff situation though, a server as popular as this should definitely have more staff but I think they could possibly be looking into future staff members, and hopefully good active ones since its hard to even get ahold of a staff member when someone needs banning even if you have proof waiting for them.

13. cupOjoe

cupOjoe Active Member

i mean like i got false banned by the anticheat and no staff have done anything so far so thats nice :/

14. NotAKoalaBear

NotAKoalaBear Well-Known Member

Noob, I already spoke to bbolt about this, just wait idot.

15. sunnybelfer123

sunnybelfer123 Active Member

16. cupOjoe

cupOjoe Active Member

he said he would get back to it last night my dude.. he didnt :(

17. Fr0styPvP_

Fr0styPvP_ Member

People get busy, and with only a few staff members you gotta have patience

18. Kahh

Kahh Active Member

I agree that we need more staff, different timezones would be a big plus.

FazeUgly and Fr0styPvP_ like this.
  19. cupOjoe

cupOjoe Active Member

i know they get busy, and youre absolutely right in saying there are only a few staff members. in my opinion, whoevers in charge of like hiring people seems to not notice the fact that there are a lot of problems in the server just because of the fact that there arent enought staff.

20. Fr0styPvP_

Fr0styPvP_ Member

I assume they could be going for quality over quantity and don't think some people are good enough for mod and are waiting for helper to launch? Or they might not realize the amount of staff is a problem.